#whoRUprotecting this WBD?
Australians are being encouraged to save the date and join the rest of the country on September 12 in raising vital awareness and funds for Australian children affected by sexual assault.
#whoRUprotecting is a national campaign
encouraging Australians to act for the protection of
the children in their lives. It might be your son or
daughter, niece or nephew, grandchildren, students, a friend’s child or all Aussie kids. As a White Balloon Day supporter, step forward and showcase your support for child protection.
Last year communities, schools, small and large businesses, corporations, councils, sporting groups, survivors and individual supporters worked with Bravehearts to deliver its largest ever campaign which saw more than 1300 fundraising events held nationally.
You can help to make the 18th annual White Balloon Day in 2014 bigger and better by adding the event to your diary and helping to protect Australian kids.
How to get invovled in 2014:
- Host an event - hold a 'white' morning tea, organise a 'wear white' day at your child's school or at your workplace or encourage your community to take part in a 'white walk' while raising funds for Aussie kids.
- Social media selfie - snap a #whoRUprotecting selfie: the selfie requires you to answer the question 'who are you protecting' and display the answer in a photograph.
- Protect Kids photo - purchase a Bravehearts 'protect kids' T-Shirt, snap a picture of you in the shirt and share on all social media.
- Tell your story - do you have a story to tell? Bravehearts can work with you to inspire others in the community to act for child protection.
- Social media - positively promote Bravehearts and White Balloon Day on your social media accounts using the hashtags #whoRUprotecing and #whiteballoonday
- Donate now!
Rally your community together for a common cause and see the true value of people power. CLICK HERE to find out more ways you can be involved.